Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Alanna Surkan

I attended Rivier for 6 years and really enjoyed my experiences there. It allowed me to excel in many areas including sports, arts, music, and academics. The staff were always supportive and did a great job at keeping me interested in what they had to teach. I also really enjoyed the many friendships that I developed with my classmates and others in the school. I have stayed in contact with many of those girls and see many of them on a regular basis at social events, school, volleyball teams, ect.
When I graduated Rivier I knew I was off to the U of S but did not really know what direction I wanted to take. I knew what I liked and I had a general idea of what type of career I might want. I took three years through the college of Kinesiology and absolutely loved it. That program really opened many doors and convinced me that I wanted a career in some sort of health care field. I originally thought Physiotherapy was the direction my life would take, but I also looked into other options such as occupational therapy, research, and medicine. When I got an invite for an interview with the College of Medicine I started looking at that option more seriously. The more I learned the more excited I got about it. From there on, life went as planned and I was accepted. I am currently working on completing my first year. I haven’t decided what type of specialty I want to pursue. Right now I am just trying to learn as much as I can and keep my options open. All I know for sure is that I want to stay in Saskatchewan.
Besides school, I am currently staying busy by volunteering with college activities and clubs, playing on 2 volleyball teams, and spending time with my wonderful boyfriend, Ian, and our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment