Monday, January 25, 2010

Charlotte Brockman

I really enjoyed my time at Rivier Academy! I have to say that I am glad all the cameras were installed around the time I was leaving though! I probably shouldn't tell a lot of my favourite memories there (haha) but I really did like the environment and opportunities for the arts (very much lacking at my home- town school). Mrs Ikert made me love Phys. Ed once again - rugby, ultimate frisbee, synchronized swimming, step aerobics, yoga, etc etc was definitely a change from typical volleyball and floor hockey curriculum of my former school.
I have a B.Sc (honours) in Civil Engineering from the University of Saskatchewan. I did work for the City of Saskatoon, but am now running wild in Vancouver and work for Opus International Consultants (a huge company in NZ and Aus, but only recently gaining a presence in North America). I was going to travel with my company, but I don't really enjoy the work I do and therefore, (much to my parents' dismay) intend on quitting in spring and probably tree planting and hitchhiking until fall, when I may attempt to get another job in a market that has left many of my jr. engineering peers looking for work to no avail. .......is Rivier looking for a new border mom? Maybe I should apply!
In all seriousness, I am really glad I attended River Academy. I would send my children there.

No comments:

Post a Comment