Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Amy Buckingham

"Rivier was an amazing place for learning, I would not be who I am today without Rivier. At Rivier, it is not about whether or not the teacher can put marks in his or her grade book but whether or not students are learning what they want them to learn. Rivier gives students the tools to become the best people that they can be through a well rounded curriculum and amazing role models through everyone around them. What I really appreciated about Rivier was how accepting everyone was, it did not matter what you were going through, you could talk to someone without having to worry if there was going to be any judgment. I loved everything about Rivier, the teachers, the students, and the schooling. Mostly though, the one thing I loved about Rivier was the opportunity it gave me to give back to the community, whether it be through volunteering at the church, participating in the amazing drama, or volunteering in the community. Rivier helped me grow in my faith in ways that I never though imaginable. I am currently living in Minot, North Dakota and I will be completing double degrees in this upcoming semester, studying Special Education and Elementary Education as well as getting married to the love of my life in June. Without Rivier Academy I am not sure I would be were I am today."

No comments:

Post a Comment