Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Alexis Normand

"Rivier provided me with numerous opportunities to develop my fields of interest and discover new ones. From the well-developed music program, to the French-immersion option, sporting teams and residence life, the well-rounded experience I lived as a student and resident of Rivier Academy is one I truly enjoyed."
After graduation in 2002, I left Saskatchewan to pursue my post-secondary education in French, my first language. After 5 years at the University of Ottawa in Music Education, I was accepted at L’École nationale de la chanson (ÉNC) in Granby, Québec. The ÉNC offers an intensive 10-month program designed for francophone singer-songwriters during which I developed and refined lyric writing, music composition, vocal technique, staging, career management and studio work skills. The more time I spent away from the prairies, the more I wanted to come home. Upon my return in the summer of 2008, I was immediately employed by the Francophone school system. I also agreed to work for the Conseil Culturel Fransaskois as a recruitment officer and workshop leader for their InPAC program in 2008-2009. In June 2009, I decided to forgo my teaching career to pursue my musical calling. Since then things have been growing steadily. On top of an increasing number of public performances, I received two grants to fund my debut recording (from Musicaction and the Saskatchewan Arts Board) that will be released at the end of January 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment